It’s a Valentine’s Day Giveaway with so many great books!
Scroll down the page and snag the Valentine’s boxed set, Love Me Tender:
And be sure to read my contribution: 1-800-CUPID
A house flipper looking for quick profit. A survivor with a dream. Can two broken hearts find a place to call home?
Snag your copies today of 14 FREE Romance books, just in time for Valentine’s Day! Don’t forget to download your FREE copy of my sweet romance novella, I Love You More!
Valentine’s Day is a wonderful celebration of love and lovers, a day to fall in love! It’s a special time to exchange cards and gits. Chocolate, romantic dinners and flowers are always a fun way to celebrate. Valentine’s Day goes can be traced back to ancient times, when people paid honor to the Roman God of Fertility, the Feast of Lupercalia, celebrated even then on February 14th.
Here’s two interesting facts:
During the year, 75% of chocolate purchases are made by women. However, the days before Valentine’s Day, 75% of the chocolate purchases are made by men.
February 14th was known to be the first day of the bird mating for the season. This fact brought about the custom of sending valentines.
How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Leave a comment below. One lucky winner will be randomly selected to receive my sweet romance Valentine’s novella, I Love You More.
Check back on Monday for winner announcement!
Because I write this blog on Sunday, I’m a hoping you’ll be able to use some of these ideas for Valentine’s Day next weekend. Also see my bonus outfits at the bottom—one for a casual night at home, the other outfit for a fancy night out.
First, consider an out-of-the-box option restaurant for your Valentine meal—your local Waffle House. (Wear your casual outfit here.) Many Waffle Houses across the country are taking reservations. The menu prices will be inexpensive and feature heart-shaped waffles and steak specials.
Or consider a spa night in your own home. This recipe for a homemade hand and foot scrub is inexpensive and uses ingredients you probably have in your kitchen:
1/2 cup sugar (white or brown)
1/4 cup olive oil
Mix ingredients and store in an air-tight jar. Scrub skin in shower or bath, using 1 tablespoon at a time. Rinse well.
Martha Stewart shares a delicious and easy recipe for Valentine cookies. You’ll need:
• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
• 3/4 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour, plus more, for dusting
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon canola oil or pure vegetable shortening
1. Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in flour and salt. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; chill at least 2 hours, or overnight.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until 1/16-to-1/8 inch thick. Cut out hearts cookie cutter. Transfer cookies to an ungreased baking sheet; chill for 30 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 300 degrees with a rack in the center. Press the tines of a fork into each cookie to make designs. Bake about 18 minutes.
4. In the top of a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl set over simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. Stir in oil. Dip half or one third of each cookie into the chocolate mixture. Add sprinkles if desired.
If you’re staying home, the following free one day coupon codes should work for any Redbox movie. Offer should be good until February 16th:
And here are the bonus outfits for Valentine’s Day. Enjoy!